Another super easy recipe that you can make using either fresh/frozen cooked ground beef or with dehydrated ground beef. For the purposes of this post, I’ll be using half and half. If you want to see my review of the ground beef I’m using, you can read that review post here.
Ingredients (You can mess with more/less of any of these ingredients to your own tastes):
- 1-3 cans of Kidney Beans
- 1 32 fl oz Tomato or Vegetable Juice
- 1 6 oz can/4.5 oz tube Tomato Paste
- 1-4 cans of Corn (I love corn, I’ll put tons of corn in anything, you might want to tone it down for normal people, though)
- Taco Seasoning
- *optional* Sauteed onions and peppers (I just dice these and cook/rehydrate them along with the ground beef)
- Cooked/rehydrated Ground Beef
- Serve with Tortilla Chips and Shredded Cheese (optional)
Vegetarian? Skip the ground beef and cheese
Want it THICKER? You can also add some rice to this to help thicken it up so its not sloshing all over the place…
Now this is going to be pretty difficult. Cook your ground beef or re-hydrate, whatever. Add in your onions and whatever type of peppers you like to sautee. Then add all of your ingredients together and heat it up… and eat it. That’s it. You can add cheese and eat it with tortilla chips like my kids do, or just eat it like plain old soup.
This would work perfectly in a pressure cooker, crock pot, stove, whatever. Its really simple, as most of the ingredients really just need to be heated and not really “cooked”.
Let me know what other types of recipes and reviews you’d like to see… I’ll add them to my list!
Thank you so much for stopping by!